January 7, 2021
RE: Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act Compliance Program and Certificates
Fruit of the Loom, including its Russell Brands, LLC and Vanity Fair Brands, LP subsidiaries, has a comprehensive program to ensure products manufactured by and for our company comply with the Consumer Product Safety Act (“CPSA”), the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (“CPSIA”) and the Flammable Fabrics Act (“FFA”). Our CPSA/CPSIA/FFA program includes testing and certification for all standards applicable to our products, which may include:
- 15 U.S.C. § 1278a(a): Lead in Substrates
- 15 U .S.C. § 2057c: Certain Phthalates
- 15 U.S.C. § 1278a(f); 16 CFR 1303; Lead in Paint and Surface Coatings
- 15 U.S.C. §§ 1191-1204; 16 CFR 1610: Flammability of Clothing Textiles
- 15 U.S.C. §§ 1191-1204; 16 CFR 1615: Flammability of Children’s Sleepwear, Sizes 0-6X
- 15 U.S.C. §§ 1191-1204; 16 CFR 1616: Flammability of Children’s Sleepwear, Sizes 7-14
- CPSIA Section I 06: ASTM F963 Toy Safety Requirements
Consistent with Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) requirements, we conduct testing to confirm compliance of our adult apparel with flammability standards, and we furnish a General Conformity Certificate to retailers or distributors. We also commission testing by CPSC-accredited laboratories (“third party testing”) to confirm compliance of our children’s products with all applicable standards, and we furnish a Children’s Product Certificate to retailers or distributors. Moreover, we conduct periodic testing and random screening of products and components to detect material changes and provide other valuable information.
All of our children ‘s products manufactured on or after August 14, 2009 also include tracking labels, as described in Section I03 of the CPSIA, which allow purchasers to determine the date and place of production, the manufacturer, and certain cohort information. To the extent practicable, we satisfy the tracking label requirement by providing compliant tracking information on both a product and its packaging.
We want to assure you that we have a comprehensive product safety program in place. We are complying with all applicable testing, certification, and tracking requirements to ensure that each of our products meets the underlying standards described above and any other applicable standards.
As part of our ongoing CPSIA compliance program, we have developed the following certificates:
- A General Conformity Certificate Under the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act for flammability standards for adult apparel; and
- A Children’s Product Certificate Under the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act for all CPSIA requirements applicable to children’s products.
We are providing the following email contact for questions you may have about our CPSIA program: CPSIACOMPLIANCE@Fruit.com. You may also call Customer Service at (270) 901-6419.
Please be advised that any certifications we provide are for the finished product that we sell. If a blank product we sell is later decorated by a third party, our testing and certifications will not apply to the decoration.
We will continue to monitor CPSIA developments and to make any necessary adjustments to our program, in order to comply with CPSC’s implementation of relevant requirements. If you have any questions about our program, please let us know.
FRUIT OF THE LOOM
Vice President, Quality Assurance & Compliance
Download the CPSIA Compliance statement from Fruit of the Loom, Inc.